Monday, June 7, 2010

Clipping nails in public




Is it just me or would most people agree that clipping your nails should not be done in public? To me, the grossness is about as much as it would be if someone was scratching their scalp such that their dandruff fell onto people nearby.

Yet somehow, this disturbing practice is becoming more and more common here in Hong Kong. I've personally seen it on trains and buses. On the ferry, I've once heard the distinctive clipping sound before I quickly got up and went to the other side of the boat.

Why do people think this is acceptable? First of all, it's littering because they scatter their clippings everywhere. So they should be fined. But most of all, it's seriously just gross. Nail clippings are bodily wastes. Certainly urinating in public is universally unacceptable, so why not clipping nails?

No comments:

Post a Comment